Tyrone I is now looking for a journalist/s to join our network, helping expand on the hugely popular brand – and sister title, Armagh I.
The journalist, ideally trained as a senior reporter, will help grow the audience right across County Tyrone, telling the stories that matter to the thousands of people that live there, but not forgetting the large diaspora across the globe.
We are looking for a reporter to create compelling content; someone who lives and breaths Tyrone. You will bring in stories and help build a social and dedicated community around your content to ensure it reaches as many people as possible.
We are also accepting applications for freelancers, and part-time reporters.
The responsibilities of the role:
– Covering breaking news using all the tools at the disposal of a journalist working in a digital newsroom
– Understanding how to identify the stories that people from Tyrone want to read and growing our audience across this digital news site.
– Telling stories that matter to the region, in a clear, responsible and accurate way
– Provide quality content to tight deadlines
– Have an understanding of how to use social media to spot stories
– Being part of the conversation in the area you cover
– Understanding the value of analytics to inform content decisions
– Maintaining the highest personal standards of professionalism and integrity at all times
– Maintaining a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and IMPRESS Standards Code.
The ideal candidate:
– You will have an NCTJ or equivalent journalist qualification (or relevant time-served experience).
– You will be a strong storyteller with a thorough understanding of how to create engaging content
– A skilled user of social media
– You will have great communication skills and the ability to build (or already have) a strong network of contacts
– Excellent writing skills
– Self-motivated with bundles of enthusiasm
– Can work on their own initiative
– Ability to work well under deadline pressure, both remotely and in an office environment.
– Full driving licence would be required for this role.
– Ability to shoot, edit and publish video/audio
– Design skills. i.e Photoshop or equivalent
Salary negotiable on experience.
To apply, send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is Friday, February 19.
Sign Up To Our Newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter for major breaking news stories as they happen – right to your inbox.